Cincinnati Reds To Hold 1990 World Series Reunion April 24 & 25; More Than 30 Players Expected T
CINCINNATI -- More than 30 members of the 1990 World Series champion Cincinnati Reds are scheduled to appear April 24 and 25 at Great American Ball Park to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the 1990 wire-to-wire season.
The 1990 Reds, who were managed by Lou Piniella, finished with a 91-71 regular season record and completed a four-game sweep over the Oakland Athletics in the World Series.
Players and coaches scheduled to participate in the weekend reunion are Todd Benzinger, Glenn Braggs, Tom Browning, Keith Brown, Norm Charlton, Eric Davis, Rob Dibble, Mariano Duncan, Kip Gross, Chris Hammond, (current first base coach) Billy Hatcher (pictured), Danny Jackson, Barry Larkin, Terry Lee, Terry McGriff, Hal Morris, Randy Myers, Paul Noce, Ron Oester, Paul O'Neill (Saturday only), Joe Oliver, Luis Quinones, Sam Perlozzo, Jeff Reed, Jose Rijo, Ron Robinson, Rolando Roomes, Chris Sabo, Scott Scudder, Stan Williams and Herm Winningham.
Friday, April 24 - Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
• Select members of the 1990 team to arrive at the Reds HOF & Museum at 5:15 p.m. on the FOX Sports Ohio Fan Express • Meet-and-greet with select members of the 1990 team at the Reds HOF & Museum from 5:30 to 7 p.m. • Commemorative print celebrating the 1990 World Series champions, free to all fans in attendance • Both the Reds and Cubs will wear 1990 throwback uniforms • Post-game, on-field ceremony honoring the 1990 Reds • Post-game fireworks show with a soundtrack of hits from 1990, presented by Frisch's Big Boy
• 1990 World Series Replica Ring Ticket Package: This exclusive ticket package features a must-have 1990 World Series replica ring and a View Level ticket to the Friday, April 24 game for only $25. This promotional package has a limited availability and can only be purchased at reds.com/1990.
• "Evening with the 1990 World Champions" Reception Ticket Package: This exclusive ticket package includes a meet and greet with the 1990 Reds in the brand new Handlebar at the Riverfront Club presented by Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati on Friday, April 24. Amenities will include an all-inclusive upscale buffet and full open bar, and attendees will receive a commemorative hat, lanyard, lapel pin and 1990 World Series replica ring. Photos are welcome, but no autographs are permitted. Purchase tickets online at reds.com/1990.
Saturday, April 25 - Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 1:10 p.m.
• As part of Super Saturdays, a triple bobblehead featuring "The Nasty Boys" (Randy Myers, Rob Dibble and Norm Charlton) will be given to the first 25,000 fans at the game, thanks to PNC Bank • Members of the 1990 team are scheduled to participate in a meet & greet with fans in the Kroger Fan Zone beginning at 12:15 p.m., as they parade towards the field for the start of the special pregame ceremonies at 12:30 p.m.
Please note the schedule and player appearances are subject to change. Please visit reds.com/1990 for updated information.
Reds Hall of Fame Bobblehead Series
In keeping with the year-long celebration of the 1990 Reds, the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is offering special bobblehead promotions each month throughout the season featuring stars from the World Series team, presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP. The bobbleheads are free with regular museum admission on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, while supplies last. Bobbleheads are also available through museum membership. More information at redsmuseum.org.
• April 2015 - Todd Benzinger • May 2015 - Joe Oliver • June 2015 - Billy Hatcher (pictured) • July 2015 - Tom Browning • August 2015 - Paul O'Neil
Cincinnati Reds Photo